Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This is How I Dance When Nobody's Looking...


Haven't really posted anything significant recently, I've been super focused on completing the first issue of Cliffhangers. So far I've got all the first draft pages of Immaculate done, (I'm probably going to redraw maybe two pages.) I'm currently wrapping up The Girl I Can't Forget and I'm progressing through Red Vag of Courage rather nicely. As for how my life is going, I finally got my new glasses and the job has been going pretty well, I like the work. Last weekend I received my first pay check and I worked my first Double shift. (and my legs were killing me all of Easter Sunday) I opened a savings account with my pay check for that new computer I've been meaning to get for my art and I used my tip money from the weekend for my basic needs and for my recent efforts to increase my swagger. (I ordered some new clothes online that'll fit me better and I got a new hair cut.) I also went to the library and went through my father's CDs to broaden my musical horizon. Here are some of the bands/artists I've been listening to a lot lately;
Billy Bragg, Jenny Lewis, Aquabats, Arctic Monkeys, Barenaked Ladies, The Dandy Warhols, Electric Light Orchestra, Feist, Hefner, Metric, Neko Case, The Pooh Sticks, Sondre Lerche, The The, Maroon 5, and Weezer.
I've checked out some Graphic novels that looked particularly interesting and are more in the genres that I tend to write about. I read Hope Larson's Mercury cover to cover last night and I'm currently in the process of reading Craig Thompson's Blankets. I highly recommend both for their amazing use of graphic story telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment