Thursday, May 5, 2011

Socks and Hardwood Floors: A Very Risky Business


So I didn't actually do this but my parents are out of town for the weekend and I have the apartment to myself, I figured I'd do a tribute to this scene of a famous movie that I've never seen before. So an update on where I currently stand on all things considered; I've taken a short break from penciling The rest of Red Vag of Courage and The Girl I Can't Forget to do some inking coloring and lettering on the computer, which has been going great now that I've discovered a new approach to the coloring process on MS Paint that makes things go a Hell of a lot quicker (I've already got 5 pages of R.V.C completely done). On that note I also looked at some Macs the other day for my art so I can stop using MS bloody paint. The standard Mac book which my uncle suggested I get is about 950 bucks, steep but doable after a few pay checks from Great Lakes. My uncle has all the software I need already too so that saves me a ton of money. As far as music goes I bought The She & Him album "Volume 2" the other day and I'm pretty much in love it. I spent a good portion of today listening to Ok Go's entire music catalog which you can listen to for free on their website. As for comics I recently finished reading the series Local and Y:The Last Man both very good in their own ways (though the ending to Last Man was a little unsatisfying.) I've been on a real indie kick lately, I figured that's more along my writing and art style so I should learn as much as I can from these already well established pieces of Graphic Fiction. I've already thought of so many new ways to approach old ideas I've had just sitting in the cobwebs. (I'm of course not going to take on any new projects unit I at least finish the first Volume of Cliffhangers.) My current Comic reading list is as follows;
Demo by Brian Wood and Becky Cloonan
Rosario Vampire by Akihisa Ikeda
Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
X-men: Magneto Testament by Greg Pak and Carmine Di Giandomenico
Storm by Eric Jerome Dickey, David Yardin and Lan Medina
Kick Ass by Mark Millar and John Romita Jr.
X-Force/ Cable: Messiah War by Various
and
Exiles by Judd Winick and Mike Mckone

No comments:

Post a Comment